Not long after his return to Spain, Vespucci became a Spanish citizen. On March 22, 1508 he was made the pilot major of Spain by Ferdinand II of Aragon in honor of his discoveries. Vespucci also ran a school for navigators in the Spanish House of Trade, based in Seville.
He died on February 22, 1512 at his home in Seville, Spain.
|Amerigo Vespucci (webpage from Wikipedia)||A moderately long article about Vespucci.||Link|
|Name||Date of Birth||Date of Death||Short Biography|
|Amerigo Vespucci||1454||1512||an Italian explorer, financier, navigator and cartographer|
- Add a Publication
- Link a Company to an Event
- Link an Event to an Expedition
- Link an Event to a Location
- Link an Event to an Object
- Link an Event to an Organization
- Link an Event to a Person
- Link a Publication to an Event